The following includes a list of links taken from The International Herald Tribune, Monday 17 Nov 1997 paper, under the heading of "A Selection of Web Sites for Business Travelers". They've now put their articles online so you can check out their Business Travel page too. Additional links have also been added by me to my page.
- USA Department of State Travel site - World travel warnings and advisories, info about passports and visas, travel publications, online US Embassies and Consulates, living overseas, etc.
- www.travelweb.com - Airline reservations, hotel searches and reservations, etc.
- www.travelocity.com - Airline and hotel reservations; "live chat" for travelers
- www.thetrip.com - Air reservations, flight status, hotel and motel listings and reveiws, city guides, travel suggestions.
- Excite's City Net - Descriptions of 5,000+ cities worldwide
- Citysearch - much info on several cities in the USA
- www.mapquest.com - includes personal map maker, interactive world atlas and an interactive US route maker for automobile travel.
- Rubicon Digital Passport - Interactive currency converter and listings of international holidays, airports, embassies
- www.supporthelp.com - Info on tech support phone numbers, web sites, news groups and bulletin boards for over 2500 sellers of computer products
- Subways, worldwide - info on subwary stations worldwide, calculates routes and travel times (Note: I couldn't access the site)
- Travelers Emporium - international electrical/telephone plug and power standards
- Travelers Aid International - includes Travelers Aid program contact news for US and several cities abroad
- Kroll Travel Watch - general safety tips, and sample travle advisorites for cities throughout the world. Full advisories may be faxed for a charge of $9.95 (as of 17 Nov 97).
- Big Yellow - business listings by category.
- Four11 - directory assistance for telephone numbers.
- Switchboard - directory assistance for telephone numbers.
- WhoWhere - help in locating people by name or location.
- AOL's travel guide - domestic and foregin travel guide, includes Fodor's Travel Online wich reveiws hotels and restaurants and offers a trip planner; Preview Travel which makes airline and hotel reservations; and many discounts through AOL.
- Steinberg Business Traveler Info Network - recent articles on business travel; links to shareware, freeware and Demoware for business travelers, and specific info on restaurants and hotels in many cities.
Media: Newspapers, TV/Radio Stations, Bookstores
- Intercultural Press, Inc. Catalog - Intercultural Press has a free quarterly catalog of books, etc. which "help heighten cultural awareness". The items in the catalog have been recommended for anyone with an interest in working or traveling internationally, or simply interested in other cultures. The "Category Listings" link also lists their address, phone and fax numbers and email address so you can contact them directly about ordering or receiving their catalog.
- SIETAR Europa - Society for Intercultural Education, Training and Research, Europe. Professional association offering cross-cultural communications training, intercultural skills development, conflict resolution skills, etc. This is the Europe chapter's website; I haven't yet found a USA website but the Europa site gives addresses and other contact info for the US and other chapters. Email address for SIETAR International, the USA chapter: SIETAR@compuserve.com.
- Thunderbird - American Graduate School for International Management. In 1997 Business Week magazine ranked Thunderbird Graduate School Executive Programs number 1 in global business. Their curriculum is a 3-part program of language, international studies and international business.
Last Modified: 15 Mar 1998
ME Dance Main Table of Contents