Rowland Heights, CA, USA
- Fahtiem, producer of Oasis Dance Magic, has performed throughout the
United States including engagements on cruise ships and performances
on cable and network TV. She is featured on two videos, "Arabian Dance Fever"
and the recently released "Belly Dance Paradise". Fahtiem teaches at
Rio Hondo and East Los Angeles Colleges and at studios in Long Beach,
Montebello and Puente Hills as well as seminars across the country.
Fahtiem is also featured regularly at: Zorba's Restaurant, Anaheim, CA and at Caspians Restaurant, Irvine, CA.
c/o Michelle Morrison
1007 June NE
Albuquerque, NM 87112 USA
- Ethnic and Cabaret, group and solo Middle Eastern dancers; professional dance troupe for over 2 years. They also are involved in teaching and performing historical Middle Eastern dance in the Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA). Available for performances.
- Farida Productions
PO Box 829
Huntsville, AL 35804-0829
- Among other things, they sponsor workshops and shows by other instructors, such as one by Elena of NYC.
1105 Longshore Dr.
San Jose CA 95128 USA
- "Belly Dance by Farouche - Teacher and performer for 26 years and director and
choregrapher of Troupe Neola and The Desert Delights in the Santa Clara
Valley. Available for seminars, show bookings. Farouche has performed in
Cairo, Egypt as well as Las Vegas, Nevada.
"For Class schedule phone, write or email Farouche at the addresses/numbers given above. Classes taught in
Los Gatos on Monday and Thursdays. Mondays are beginners and Thursday
Intermediate and advanced."
P.O. Box 460594
San Francisco, CA 94146 USA
Web site: FatChanceBellyDance Homepage
- "FatChanceBellyDance is a celebration of the female spirit. Based in San Francisco, this troupe sees Tribal Style Belly dance with a modern eye. Under the direction off Carolena Nericcio, FatChanceBellyDance has established itself nationwide with innovative workshops and performances. Send SASE (Self-Addressed, Stamped Envelope, with 2 32-cent stamps) for the FatChanceBellyDance mail order catalog featuring music, videos, books, costumes, jewelry, cosmetics and accessories." Their videos: The Tribal Basics Instructional Series 1,2, and 3; and "Tatooed One" and "Live!", performance videos. (Posted on medance list: founder Carolina Nericcio teaches on Tuesday nights in Berkeley and on Thursday and Friday nights in San Francisco.)
- Fatima and Jamila
Suburb of Sacramento, CA USA
- "Fatima (mother of Jamila) lives near Sacramento. Jamila (daughter of Fatima)
is currently going to school and teaching workshops, classes? Both are
fabulous dancers and teachers. Fatima is also a vendor. Fatima teaches. I
am sure someone knows here address or number. I have had workshops with her
and only one class years ago when I was in the area." --Monique Schaefers
- Gale Fenna
Kilauea Rec Center
- Teaches Fridays.
- Kathryn Ferguson
Owner Xanadu Dance Studio
Tucson, AZ USA
- "An international favorite, Kathryn Ferguson is known as a dancer, choreographer and teacher. As well as touring annually in Europe, she teaches all levels of group classes at Xanadu Dance Studio in Tucson, AZ, emphasizing technique, understanding music, and expressivity in performance. She coaches, teaches privates, and will create a performance choreography for an individual. Her style blends classical elegance, strict adherence to traditional technique and subtle interpretations of music and its 'silences'. She teaches the newest styles to complex music, as well as 'old style' with appropriate instrumentation.
"In addition to three videos on the market, she has created two award winning films with Modern dance companies which have been presented on American television, and in European festivals. She has a BFA, performed 9 years in the club 'El Jebala', and has taught and performed in Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Turkey and almost every state in America." For more information see the website above.
phone/fax: 0032-3-22 66 212
- "FEYROUZ! of Europe
Since 1975, a true pioneer of the Middle Eastern Dance in Germany. Founder
of the Oasis Ensemble in Berlin and EAMED. Through numerous appearances on
television and radio talkshows, she has become the most well known
performer of the Art. Her three year tour with 'Traumtheater Salome'
(lit., Dream Theater Salome, - a non-animal circus with a plot and cast of
arists) seminars, lectures, international performances for political
figures, UNICEF, royalty, as well as the Nobel Prize fests for Nagib Mafuz
in 1988 in Stockholm and performances in Morocco, Greece and Egypt.
"Feyrouz! - Dancer with heart, soul and humour. First class personal
instruction based on a wide repertoire as well as her own individual dance
styling, encompassing almost 25 years of experience. She has re-located
(previously of Germany) with her new husband to Antwerpen, Belgium -
diamond center of the world. Antwerpen has gained a new jewel!"
New York City, NY USA
- Available for private and semi-private lessons. Performs for conventions, weddings, birthday parties, company picnics, Christmas parties, children's parties, belly-grams, shows, fund-raisers, anniverseries, etc.
- Florida Association of Belly Dance Artists
203 Lakeside Dr.
Lutz, FL 33549-5441 USA
- FABDA is an organization that is dedicated to providing a networking
environment for the practicing belly dancer. The organization is a referral
source for local and national belly dance instructors. With membership in
Florida and the South East United States the young organization has show
great promise in growing into a major source for information on the Dance.
For more information or to receive a copy of their bi-monthly magazine
(Florida Dancer) contact FABDA at the addresses above.
- Gisselle Fobbs
28422 Seven Oaks
Farmington Hills, MI 48331 USA
phone: 313-555-3488 or 313-553-6946
- Seminar instructor. In depth instruction: energy levels, body and facial expressions.
- Michelle Forner
Washington, DC area
- A professional Oriental dancer and teacher in the DC area; she has a MA degree in dance ethnology from UCLA, where she focussed on Middle Eastern dance, particularly Oriental. She is in DC consulting at the Library of Congress, archiving world dance and music collections.
- Freddy's Dance Academy
Toronto Central: 416-368-1797
Toronto West: 416-533-4849
North York: 416-224-8080
- " Professor Eddy Manneh received his own personal knowledge of
Dancing through the tutelage of the late Vlademeer, the famous Arabic
Dance Professor of the Middle East. Manneh has been a teacher for over
40 years starting at the Freddy's Dance Academy in Beirut Lebanon
founded by his late brother Freddy Manneh. Eddy Manneh established a
Canadian school in Toronto in 1975. There are now four branches of
Freddy's Dance Academy in Toronto.
Manneh has taught many of the best dancers throughout the world
including Nadia Gamal. He has travelled extensively around the word,
giving lectures and seminars and, in his capacity as a renowned
choreograoher, has arranged many routine performances for Belly Dancers
in the Middle East and the Western World. He was also involved in many
festivals such as the famous Ba'alback festival. In 1976, he founded the
Arabian Sahara Company in Toronto, Canada which has since performed
around the world. In 1996 he opened the Al Khaima Dinner Theatre in
Eddy Manneh is also a professional ballroom dance instructor, a
of the French Academy of Dance Teachers, a member of the Dance Educators
of America in both ballroom dancing and The Performaing arts, and an
official examiner of the International Society of Dance Masters
Association. Professor Manneh teaches many styles of dancing including
classical belly dancing, cabaret, baladi, ghawazzi, pharaonic, and other
- Robyn Friend
Los Angeles, CA USA
- She specializes in Persian traditional dance (both folkloric and "classical"), in the Los Angeles area. She teaches dancing and Persian and Turkish singing and is available for special workshops or private lessons. She is also available to choreograph dances for performing groups, and has done so for the Duquesne University Tamburitzans and the AMAN Folk Ensemble. She also does costuming consultation (see photos on her website) as well as Pilates-based method of dance conditioning.